- Mission & Vision
- Why Choose ASCO
ASCO (Apex Shipping & Commercial Company Ltd) was founded in the year 1997 by Mr. David Arkutu. ASCO started with a branch office in Tema on the Mariner's Club Compound to provide Customs Clearance services to Individuals importing Personal Effects, Trading and Manufacturing companies bringing in raw materials and finished Goods . Over the last couple of years, ASCO has grown from a 5 personnel Organization to one that employs over 40 people.
The company has also opened branches in the various entry and exit Ports of Ghana namely Takoradi & Accra- Kotoka International Airport. ASCO has moved into other services in the Supply Chain business providing Warehousing and Transportation Services. The company has a focus on providing services for Corporate Organizations and continues to work towards its vision of becoming a leading International Freight Forwarding Company providing Total Logistics Solutions from Ghana to the world.
Freight Forwarding Services:
- Customs Clearance & Brokerage - SEA & Air
- Warehousing & Re-distribution
- Haulage & Deliveries
- Transit & Trans-Shipment
- Dangerous Cargo Handling & Clearance
- Project Cargo Logistics
- Heavy Lift
- International Freight Forwarding
Ship Agency Services :
- Vessel & Husbandry Services
- Crew Change
- Vessel Chartering & Ship Brokerage
- Immigration Services
- Customs Bonded Warehouse Licensing
- Manufacturing License
- Ecowas Trade Liberalisation Scheme Application (ETLS)
- Duty Draw Back Processing
- Processing of Exemptions for Government Projects
- Free-zone Licensing
- Shipping Advise to Importers & Exporters
To provide freight forwarding services:
- In a professional and consistent manner
- Delivered in a safe and responsible way that meets and exceeds clients expectations at competitive rates
To become a major international freight forwarding organization with the aim of providing total logistics solutions.
Nsaa: Symbol of Excellence
Service Excellence is more than what we provide, its how we Think and Act. It is providing solutions to your logistics needs, giving attention to every detail and maintaining a focus on providing a superior and quality customer experience each and every time.
Nkonsonkonso: Symbol of Unity
Individually we can do good things but together we can achieve GREAT things. Teamwork shall always be our approach to solving problems.
Eban: Symbol of safety
In the course of our business operations, we commit to ensuring the safety of our people and the environment. We believe that accidents and injuries are preventable and so we consider safety in the planning and execution of our work.
Nea Onnim no Sua a Ohu: Symbol for Knowledge
(He who does not know, can know from Learning) We believe in the power of knowledge and continuous improvement. As an organization we commit to improving our knowledge daily as we appreciate the impact it has on our service delivery to clients.
Mr. David Arkutu
Mr. Prince Koblah Arkutu
Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Michael Mawuli Arkutu
Mr. Francis Asamoah Bruce
Storage / Warehouse Supervisor
ASCO is a registered affiliate of the following Industry & Regulatory Bodies:1.Ghana Institute of Freight Forwarders (GIFF)
2.Petroleum Commission (PC)
3.Trace Anti-bribery Compliance Solutions
4.Ghana Shippers Authority
5.Ghana Chamber of Commerce & Industry
6.American Chamber of Commerce Ghana (AMCHAM)
7.Ghana Ports & Harbours Authority (GPHA)
8. International Federation of Freight Forwarders (FIATA)
9. Ghana Revenue Authority
For our International Service provision,ASCO is a registered member of the following Professional Freight Forwarders networks which enables us to provide our services globally through other member companies operating in 196 countries.1. WCA
2.JC Trans Network
3. Multimodal Freight Network (MFN)
Apex Shipping & Comm. Co. Ltd’s aim is to ensure that it provides it customers with the highest level of quality in the provision of its services.
To ensure this, we will:
- Comply with all applicable statutory laws and regulations of Ghana.
- To ensure that we will maintain a well trained and customer focused workforce that continues to embrace the true meaning of “Service” and responds to the needs and expectations of our customers.
- Continuously seek ways to improve all aspects of our business performance in order to provide good returns to all stakeholders.
- To ensure that our Standard Operating Procedure (SOPS’s) are continually reviewed for efficiency to reduce waste.
- Maintain a Culture that allows our employees to develop and reach their potential in line with our business objectives.
- Conduct all work to a high professional standard with technical and commercial integrity.
- Strive to be the #1 preferred supplier for our services in our chosen field.
- To ensure that this policy is understood, implemented and maintained by all persons working for and on behalf of Apex Shipping & Commercial Company Ltd.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
ASCO is committed to achieve and maintain the highest standard on matters pertaining to safety and health of human life and environment at workplace.
To achieve this:
We constantly note risks that are evident in our operations and develop proactive measures to avoid them.
We commit ourselves to comply with the environmental rules and legislations set by the authorities wherever we operate.
We shall ensure that all our staff receive training and education on health and environmental management.
We shall review our activities regularly and update our operations manuals to show risks that have been noted during the course of work.
Personal Protective Equipment shall be provided for all staff and the use deemed compulsory if they are engaged in tasks classified as Hazardous.
SCOPE OF QUALITY, HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
This policy applies to the entire staff of ASCO and any third parties who wish to work with us. All contractors working for ASCO are required to maintain standards fully consistent with those of ASCO and they are also expected to achieve comparable levels of performance as a condition of their contract with ASCO.
The QHSE Policy statement has been approved by the Board of directors and authorized by The Chief Executive Officer.
1. Dedicated Relationship Manager:
Once a client of ASCO, you are allocated a Relationship Manager who will provide all the shipping & logistics support you need. From providing Duty calculations , Shipping line Recommendations, Documentation support etc.
2. Experienced Management Team & Staff:
The management team of ASCO can boast of about 60 years of combined Shipping, Logistics and Port Operations experience. This is vital in managing Capital Logistics and ensuring efficiency in service delivery to all customers.
3. Good Equipment:
We have a good fleet of owned and contracted equipment to execute Light and Heavy Cargo deliveries.
4. Comprehensive Cargo Insurance:
We have a Goods In Transit Insurance cover to protect the value of your cargo should any accident occur. We also have Security escorts for all FMCG cargo.
We guarantee to clear all Sea Cargo within 4 days of arrival of the vessel and 2 days for all Air Cargo. Clearance on arrival is also available on condition that the required processes are followed with the support of Client.
6. Global Representation:
We are present in 196 countries all over the world through our Freight Forwarding Networks: Jc Trans, WCA and Multimodal Freight Network. This means that we can pick up and deliver cargo around the world.